Monday, 8 December 2008

CUTS

Hi everyone, just here to report about the progress at college today. Where should I begin. The computer crashed so many times today I lost count (no exaggeration I can't remember how many times it happened). Quite a few times it kept saying "C++error", other times it said that it would have to close the programme, and other times it just closed by itself. There was problems with the textures, with the lights and with the animations. Firstly, Niel's refinery kept strobing like there was an acid house party in there. This took ages to correct. We tried changing the colour and removing objects. Eventually we found that every wall had two faces within them so we actually had to make the refinery bigger to stop it from strobing. We attempted to tidy the hypergraph and layers but the programme kept shutting down. We then tried importing the animation and had no end of trouble. Things wouldn't import, things shut the programme down, and some things wouldn't even render a single frame. At the end of the day three out of the five animation had to be cut as they were just tipping the computer over the edge. These were, the saloon doors, the wobbling crate and, unfortunately, the tumbleweed. I'm sorry Jared but the tumbleweed was the worst of all, sometimes it wouldn't import and the other times you couldn't open the render view without Maya crashing. The only consolation is we managed to keep the sign falling and the windmill rotating, which I think are the two most important animations anyway. So guys, today was an absolute nightmare, However we must move above and beyond this as tomorrow we are rendering....

No comments: